This is the information about the Korea Media Rating Board.
Video Product Rating
Board : (9 members, 3-year term)
- All members are recommended by the Chairperson of the National Academy of Arts (⅓ - women, ⅓ - those below 40) and then, appointed by Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
- Officers, including the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and Auditor are elected from the members.
- All members except the Chairperson are non-standing.
- The Board has the responsibilities of developing and executing its operation plans, establishing and amending the regulations.
- When a formal objection against the review result is raised, the Board makes a final decision after re-deliberation.
Post Management Committee : (6 members, 1-year term)
- This Committee is consisted of not more than 7 members, including 1 recommended by non-profit private organizations.
- This Committee has the responsibilities for developing and executing the plans on post management of media products.
Subcommittees : (30 members, 1-year term)
- Each subcommittee is consisted of 5 to 10 members appointed by the Chairperson with the Board's consent.
- Each subcommittee has the responsibilities for determination of media rating.
Specialized committees: (12 members, 1-year term)
- Preliminary review of films, video products
- 051) 990-7200
- 051) 991-7200